Monday, July 31, 2006

"Charge me your day rate, I'll turn you out in kind"


Hi dere. I am James Morton and this is my new blog. I have/had another blog on MSN Spaces (here), but it broke and I couldn't be bothered to fix it, so I jumped ship to Blogger and now here I am. I talk about music and stuff and sometimes post mp3s. People who liked/disliked/actively hated my old blog won't find many surprises here as I'm way too unimaginative to stray from my well-worn path. If you like this blog, please post something like "I like your blog" in the comments box and I will smile.

Introductions over.

Seeing as it's Monday, let's take a look at this week's new release singles. Actually, let's not because there all a bit crappy apart from one which is super-fucking-awesome, so let's take a look at that and that alone...

SINGLE OF THE WEEK

TV ON THE RADIO - WOLF LIKE ME (4AD)




Words cannot express how much I adore this song. Far and away the single best five minutes of recorded sound that 2006 has had to offer thus far, it's a big old rutting, snarling, fucking beast of a song. Carnal and lycanthropic imagery abound from Tunde Adebimpe while the rest of the band teeter on the brink of combustion in the background, it's as addictive as crack-laced Pringles. Tunde shows us "what all the howl is for" by the end and decides to do so by "laying waste" to Celebration's Katrina Ford in the process. Her "We're howling forever, oh-oh" refrain is a death rattle coinciding with the best orgasm she's ever had. Oh, just fucking go out and buy it, will you!

Keeping it brief for now, but there's more to come tomorrow,

JMx

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's like walking on virgin snow, a much more pleasant experience than trying to pick the words out of the sticky black tar.

May the gods of blogs bless this new venture.

1:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good move. I admit to not reading your blog as much as I should cos I couldn't handle all that ugly clutter. And now I don't have to sell my soul to MSN to make a comment. Yay.

11:41 pm  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Thanks for the link -- looking forward to your future posts, love what you've done so far!

2:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home