Friday, August 04, 2006

"For the time that I've been given's such a little while and the things that I must do consist of more than style"

One of my heroes and, might I add, a hero to many, Arthur Lee died yesterday at the age of 61 from acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. I had the pleasure of seeing him live three times over the last few years and they were some of the best shows I've ever seen, especially on the Forever Changes tour where Lee and his backing band played the entirety of that seminal album.

I'm still in shock a little at the moment, so I feel like I can't write a tribute that would truly convey my sadness at this loss. If you cruise the blogs for more fitting epitaphs, I'm sure you will come across some good ones. For now though, I thought I'd just share some of Arthur's music.

Love - My Little Red Book (mp3)

Love - My Flash On You (mp3)

Love - 7 & 7 Is (mp3)

Love - A House Is Not A Motel (mp3)

Love - Maybe The People Will Be The Times Or Between Clark And Hilldale (mp3)

Love - You Set The Scene (mp3)

Rest in peace, Arthur.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO hello hello and very good to see you here , its nice and crispy white, I think that its a better move allround for you J

Happy blogging,Ill check back often yours is one of the few I really like :D

Im off to be sick"ate 25 too many after eights,followed by a green tea"BLLLEEEEURGH haha :)

7:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home