Wednesday, September 06, 2006

It's a Lindstrom affair.

This is the first of a few little blog entries that I've got planned for today. I'm off sick from work at the moment (I won't go into details), so what better to do than listen to music and write about it?


I've been a fan of Lindstrom for some time, so imagine my delight when I heard that he was about to release a solo album on his own label Feedelity, in conjunction with Smalltown Supersound. Then imagine my frustration upon seeing the tracklisting and it's all songs that I already own. Yep, unlike last year's album with Prins Thomas, It's A Feedelity Affair compiles the best tracks from Lindstrom's releases on his imprint. I guess asking for an album full of new material is pushing it a bit, considering how prolific the guy is anyway, so a compilation of his 'hits' should suffice for now. After all, I don't have them all in one place.

After hearing It's A Feedelity Affair yesterday though, I can now say that the world definitely needs a Lindstrom compilation. I mean, people are hardly going to fork out six-and-a-half quid for an imported vinyl that consists of just a couple of tracks when they've only heard about Lindstrom, are they? This puts eleven tracks into a neat little package for the Lindstrom newbies to digest. And if you are a newcomer to the space-disco maestro, then Jesus, are you in for a treat!

For your cash, you get the likes of 'Fast And Delirious', 'There's A Drink In My Bedroom And I Need A Hot Lady' and 'Another Station' (these three being personal faves of mine). You also get the modern classic that is 'I Feel Space' (albeit in a slightly curtailed version from the original 12"), so yeah, every home should have one.

It's A Feedelity Affair is released at some point next month, so start counting out those pennies now. In the meantime, here's a couple of freebies, so you can see what's got me all juiced up.

This one's from the album: Lindstrom - Another Station (mp3)

This one isn't and I don't even know if it's totally official either: Roxy Music - Avalon (Lindstrom & Prins Thomas Remix) (mp3)

Enjoy!

JMx

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey whats up are you ok?

*makes a sandwich for ya*

Unless theres some poo issuses going on,loads of people round my ways have had tummy bugs recently..I hadone also I puked everywhere it was , well, horrifying :)

Lindstrom are fab, really pretty songs I like them :)

Hope you get better soon!

5:27 pm  
Blogger James said...

Yuck! Too much information there, Chicken! It's nothing like that, I just don't feel like sharing it on here, to be honest. I'm feeling a lot better today than I have been the last couple of days though.

Thanks for your concern, as always.

6:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

could you please repost that remix? been looking for this...thanks in advance!!

4:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,
My name is Isaac James Ferry, and I work for BMG publishing. I would like to point out that the Avalon track is under copyright, and if you do not remove it from this 'Blog' I will have to get in contact with our Piracy Division. I am sorry for being a bore, but this is how things work.

4:36 pm  
Blogger James said...

It's okay for being a bore, guy. Just be a bit more thorough when you're scouting around 'blogs' looking for copyrighted material in future. The link is dead and has been for a long time. In fact, originally I only put it up for a day because I wasn't sure as to the legalities of posting the track in the first place.

Any relation to Bryan, by the way?

6:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home