Thursday, August 17, 2006

"Peel money rolls 'til our thumbs get paper cuts"

Okay kids, it's time for another nothing post, although you do get some mp3s into the bargain. I'm obsessed with Clipse at the moment. I've been into them since 2002 and the release of Lord Willin' but now, with the sort-of-impending release of much-delayed, much fucked-around-with (by record labels mostly) second album, Hell Hath No Fury (it's out on Hallowe'en. Spooky!) being kind-of upon us, I'm licking my lips in anticipation.

I know that there are probably some of you out there thinking, "What's a Clipse?!". Well, Clipse are affiliates of The Neptunes and it seemed with Lord Willin' that they saved up all their best beats for them. Some of you may know 'Grindin'' and it's backing, made up of car doors slamming and guns cocking, which was pretty ubiquitous at the time. Clipse do the gangsta thing, but never glamourise it, coating the whole thing with a thick layer of grime and grit, which actually makes it all the more alluring to my ears. Not that I'm going to hit the streets and start hustling anytime soon.

The four-year wait between albums has been agonising, but us Clipse fans haven't exactly been starved of stuff from Pusha T and Malice over the last twelve months. Last year, we had the white label release of 'Eghck!' and two underground mixtape releases under the banner of We Got It 4 Cheap, while so far this year, we've had the single 'Mr Me Too' and DJ Benzi's We Got The Remix album (from which the Clapton-sampling Catchdubs remix below is taken), which was basically a mix of remixes from various people like Brucker and Sinden and Diplo amongst others. Lately, we've been treated to the leaking of 'Wamp Wamp (What It Do)', a Hell Hath... taster featuring Slim Thug. Anticipation is hitting fever pitch as of late with the early word being very good indeed.

In the meantime (and before this post gets so dry that it turns to dust), check out the mp3s below and maybe you'll understand why I'm near-wetting myself...

Some recent, new-ish stuff:

Clipse Eghck! (mp3)

Clipse - Re-Up Anthem (Nick Catchdubs Remix) (mp3)

Clipse feat. Pharrell - Mr Me Too (mp3)

Clipse feat. Slim Thug - Wamp Wamp (What It Do) (mp3)

And three tracks from the first record:

Clipse - Young Boy (mp3)

Clipse - Grindin' (mp3)

Clipse - When The Last Time (mp3)

I don't normally post this many tracks from one act, but hey, it is Clipse. Also, I can't think of owt else to blog about.

JMx

P.S. Here's a bonus track that I was reminded of by a fantastic poster at work. I'll try to get a pic of the poster tomorrow, but if I tell you that the poster was alluding to the chic comeback of the raincoat, then you will probably get the joke. What a song though! One of the best pop singles of the 90s.

Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack (mp3)

P.P.S. It pleases me to say that after the dreadful 'Sexy Back', Justin Timberlake's next single, 'My Love' featuring T.I. is absolutely 'kin brilliant. I could post the mp3 that I've got, but the quality's a bit poo, so I'll keep an eye out for a decent rip before I put it up. It's worth waiting for though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home